Okay, so I thought I'd share with you guys a blast from the past! A couple of years ago, my best friend and I decided we wanted to make some floral topiaries...with a personalized touch of course! It was so simple and easy...so I know you'll enjoying making one of these!
Here's what you'll need to get started...everything you need can be found at your local craft store:
1. Styrofoam Topiary - You can usually find these wherever they sell floral wire, moss, wreaths, etc.
2. Little Clay Pot - Make sure that it will easily house the base of the topiary.
3. Bag of Moss - This will be used to cover the styrofoam base of the topiary.
4. Fake Flowers - I picked out a little bushel that had plenty of little flowers on it. You'll probably need two bushels, and depending on the size of the topiary you are making, you may need more. Also, make sure the flowers you choose can easily be plucked off of the plastic stems.
5. Acrylic Craft Paint - This is if you are want to paint the clay pot.
6. Hot Glue Gun
8. Wood Initial
And here's how to make it:
1. Paint the clay pot and your little wood initial.
2. Place the topiary in the clay pot. You may want to secure it to the bottom of the pot with a little bit of hot glue.
3. Pull the flowers off of the stems, and start hot gluing them to the topiary. I just glued them in different spots, and then filled in where I had any gaps.
4. Put some hot glue on the styrofoam base of the topiary and quickly place the moss on it. Just make sure you use enough to cover the entire base.
5. Now tie your ribbon around the clay pot, and hot glue your initial to it!
6. Your finished!
Now you have a great little topiary with a personalized touch perfect for Spring...or any time of the year! You can always make topiaries for other seasons as well...just change up the color scheme and type of flowers you use!